[Openmcl-devel] process name

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Fri May 13 07:09:35 PDT 2011

Alex,

The prefix string is generated by the NSLog function and there isn't any way that I know of to modify that. As you suspected, I think your only alternative is to change the actual name of the executable inside the bundle and then modify the info.plist to reflect that name change.

Sorry if the following process is something you already know...

First change the name of the executable within the "Clozure CL64.app" bundle. If you ctrl-click on it and select "show package contents" you can then open the MacOS folder inside the "Contents" folder to see the dx86cl64 executable and click and rename as you would any other file. You should then also edit the info.plist file (in the Contents folder). Assuming you have developer tools installed, just double-click it to open it in Apple's Property List Editor app. Then edit the "Executable File" property to be the same name you used to rename the executable and save it. You may then also need to "touch" the "Clozure CL64.app" file (e.g. using the touch command from the terminal application) so that the OS recognizes that you have made changes inside that bundle.

Paul