[Openmcl-devel] ClozureCL on iPhone

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Wed Nov 2 05:56:44 PDT 2011

The problem is that you can't really develop (ie run and test) an iOS application on another platform and then just deliver it on an iDevice.  So you'd be bound to the same build-download-run-repeat mode you have with ObjectiveC, negating much of the advantage of using lisp.

I think the approach Bill suggested earlier - using an evaluator on the device for interactive development, with periodic rebuilds to clean up and speed up - sounds both usable and achievable (though it's still more work than we can currently take on without funding).