[Openmcl-devel] ClozureCL on iPhone

Andrew Shalit alms at clozure.com
Mon Oct 31 07:12:41 PDT 2011

Gary may chime with additional details, but the short story is that the code-signing requirements of iOS make it pretty much impossible to get CCL running on standard-issue devices.  It's possible to get unsigned code to run on jailbroken devices, of course, but engaging in that sort of cat-and-mouse with Apple doesn't seem like a productive use of our time.

This is unfortunate, because we do iOS development and we'd love to do it with Lisp, but at this point we can't.