[Openmcl-devel] ASDF 2.018 released
fahree at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:33:10 UTC 2011
Dear CL users,
I released ASDF 2.017.27 as 2.018.
Please test and upon success update your implementations and distributions.
Since 2.017, we have the following improvements:
* Solved a bug due to ASDF reusing components even when the ASDF definition
has changed wildly, leading to bad behavior in incremental compilation
and sometimes total failure of compilation of a new version.
(Thanks to Xach for reporting and RPGoldman for fixing.)
* Fix an issue with ASDF doing the wrong thing in case of a clock skew,
thanks to Andreas Fuchs.
* Simplification of the internals of perform-with-restarts and
traverse's do-dep, that should fix some corner cases and make it
easier to extend or further fix. There scarily doesn't remain
any unedited code from Dan Barlow's original ASDF, though
much of the interface design is preserved.
* Upgrade code slightly simplified, with a particular fix for CLISP;
it is now tested on all supported implementations, not just SBCL.
* Improvements to tests and documentation.
* Many implementation specific improvements for ECL:
merge with the ECL upstream version, support for the bytecode compiler.
* Because it is required at least on ABCL, made the Unix vs Windows detection
a runtime rather than compile-time distinction
No more asdf-unix or asdf-windows feature, but
(asdf::os-unix-p) and (asdf::os-windows-p) functions (not exported for now).
Also recognize darwin as Unix ECL.
* Also small improvements for SCL.
* Bind *default-pathname-defaults* around load-sysdef,
to increase chances of successful pathname parsing in defsystem.
* Fixed run-shell-command on allegro/unix and clisp,
documented the function, noted how it mightn't do what you think on Windows,
marked it as obsolete, promoted as an official replacement my new
* New :around-compile hook so you can control the syntax, optimization,
and warning level, rename packages and balance compile-time side-effects,
etc., around the compilation of files in your own modules.
* Now exporting function subpathname, to portably make subpathnames.
—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
to be bought and sold are legislators." — P.J. O'Rourke
More information about the Openmcl-devel