[Openmcl-devel] Web serving with CCL

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Wed Apr 11 08:48:58 PDT 2012

peter <p2.edoc at googlemail.com> writes:

> Can any volunteer the received wisdom for recommendations of web
> server development frameworks for a new project based on CCL?
>
> Hunchentoot, CL-HTTP (seems to have drifted out of sight),
> AllegroServe, S-HTTP-Server, Araneida, ...

Hunchentoot is pretty easy to use, and I bet it is the most widely used
Common Lisp HTTP software.

CL-HTTP is hard to use, and it has a strange, restrictive license.

Portable AllegroServe has not been very actively maintained and
currently does not work on CLozure CL.

Araneida is a dead, dead project.

I recommend Hunchentoot. If you get Quicklisp, loading it is as easy as
(ql:quickload "hunchentoot"). The Hunchentoot documentation is great and
should help get you further along.

Zach