[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL 1.8 now in Mac App Store

Bill St. Clair wws at clozure.com
Mon Apr 30 09:23:06 PDT 2012

In the lisp image, you evaluate:

  (swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)

The true value for :DONT-CLOSE allows you to disconnect and reconnect
from emacs.

In emacs, you do m-x slime-connect, 127.0.0.1, 4005 (where the commans
denote the "return/enter" key).

I use the following in my servers:

(unless (find-package "QUICKLISP")
  (when (probe-file "~/quicklisp/setup.lisp")
    (load "~/quicklisp/setup")))

(defun start-swank (&optional port)
  (when port
    (funcall (find-symbol "QUICKLOAD" :ql) "swank")
    (funcall (find-symbol "CREATE-SERVER" :swank)
             :port port :dont-close t)))

Then I can put -e "(start-swank $1)" in a shell script to allow
specifying the port on the command line.

-Bill