[Openmcl-devel] A Debian packaging update and an outstanding issue

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Mon Aug 13 08:21:36 PDT 2012

Hello all,

[resend from correct account]

On 13 Aug 2012, at 00:12, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> CCL is not currently in Debian. Debian's archives only consists of
> software compiled by Debian on Debian.

For reference: CMUCL gets pushes as a binary+source with
Build-Depends == version uploaded every time.

So for a new version I upload a new source _and_ a new
binary package every time.

Now and again there are people opening bugs, but the real requirement is
that you can recompile the distribution using programs in the
distribution. As CMUCL version X can compile version X, just as
CCL version X can compile version X there is no problem.

SBCL version X can compile version Y so for that package
there is no problem (TM).

Except of course the tons of 'segfaults for me', 'uses too much
memory' bugs which gets opened.

Best regards and good luck, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org