[Openmcl-devel] asdf 2.24 released

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:55:58 PDT 2012

I am pleased to announce the release of ASDF 2.24.
Since previous release 2.23, the changes are as follow:

Portability:
* ACL: handle SMP vs non-SMP builds in Allegro 9.0
* MKCL: add support for ManKai Common Lisp
* ECL: merge improvements from ECL git. Refactor ECL support somewhat.
* Remove broken-fasl-support: first, cormanlisp is supposed to have fixed it;
  second, cormanlisp is dead;
  third, one can now (setf *load-system-operation* 'load-source-op) instead.

Internals:
* renaming ends-with to string-suffix-p to avoid conflict with alexandria.
* Refactor load-system to use *load-system-operation*,
  and change require-system and module-provide-asdf to use that.

Also note:
* We recommend you use asdf-utils to access the utilities in asdf.
  Some time next year, we may stop exporting the utilities from asdf itself.
* To avoid conflicts between alexandria, fare-utils, xcvb-driver,
  asdf-utils, etc., you can use xcvb-utils that solves the conflicts.
  Or you can use fare-utils:define-package-mix that will help you
  automatically resolve them.

These changes are few and subtle, but nonetheless
significant to those who'd use these features.

As usual, developers, please test and enjoy,
vendors, please update your implementation or distribution.

Stalin, Hitler, Roosevelt and the Pope fly over Poland. Suddenly, their plane
is caught in a storm and crashes. Who is saved?      [rot13'd answer: Cbynaq]