[Openmcl-devel] problem loading builder-utilities from ccl-ide-init

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Mon Dec 10 09:33:23 PST 2012

Using 1.9-dev-r15527M-trunk  (DarwinX8664) I am having trouble loading a ccl-ide-init file that loads just fine when I do it from the listener after the IDE comes up. I traced that problem to a require of builder-utilities (i.e. ccl/cocoa-ide/builder-utilities) that I was doing and specifically within that file to the following line:

(defparameter $default-info-plist-getInfo-string "\"1.0 Copyright � 2008\"")
Everything up to $cfbundle-getinfo-string-key (which is defined on the previous line) gets defined and nothing after that is.

I created a simple test version of the ccl-ide-init file by just doing a copy/paste of the failing line:

(format t "beginning ccl-ide-init~%")
(defparameter $default-info-plist-getInfo-string "\"1.0 Copyright � 2008\"")
(format t "ending ccl-ide-init~%")

and it loaded just fine with both format statements executed. Then I created a ccl-ide-init file with the following lines:

(format t "beginning ccl-ide-init~%")
(require :builder-utilities)
(format t "ending ccl-ide-init~%")

which once again quietly failed to load the builder-utilities file (failing at the same place) and the second format statement was not executed.

Any ideas what's going on?