[Openmcl-devel] Portable AllegroServe for Clozure CL

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Dec 18 12:05:35 PST 2012

On 12/18/12 Dec 18 -1:54 PM, Dave Cooper wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to get the latest Quicklisp Portable Aserve:
>
>    portableaserve-20121125-cvs/
>
>  working with the latest CCL from Apple Mac Store:
>
>    ccl-1.8-f95-macosx-x64
>
> Although it looks as though Portable Allegroserve has recently been
> updated for CCL (in October of 2012), I am still getting an error when
> doing ql:quickload on it:
>
>  value NET.ASERVE::WSERVER-FREE-WORKERS is not of the expected type
> (MEMBER THE LET LET* LOCALLY CAR CDR SVREF). [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]
>
> It looks like this probably worked in the past, since there are specific
> directives for :openmcl-native-threads around the initform of
> free-workers in main.cl <http://main.cl>.
>
> Has anyone a clue of what the issue is here, or would care to have a
> look at it?

This looks very weird to me:

(free-workers ;; estimate of the number of workers that are idle
    :initform #-openmcl-native-threads 0 #+openmcl-native-threads (ccl:make-semaphore)
    :accessor wserver-free-workers)

What is the type of this slot expected to be?

(or INTEGER CCL:SEMAPHORE)

?

I can't imagine a sensible way to treat a slot accessor with that type signature.

BTW, I dunno where the copy of paserve that's in quicklisp comes from ---
I lifted the above from

https://github.com/mtravers/portableaserve/tree/master/aserve

HtH,