[Openmcl-devel] Portable AllegroServe for Clozure CL

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Tue Dec 18 12:54:12 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Michael Wolber <mwolber at gmx.de> wrote:

> Sorry, this might not be the best place for this question.
> But why should one choose Portable Aserve and not Huchentoot nowadays?
>
> Michael

Well, it's certainly a reasonable question. You could say this is a legacy
thing, dating back to the pre-Hunchentoot days. We may well someday isolate
the webserver layer from our system so that Hunchentoot can be swapped in
for Portable Aserve.

But for now, as long as Portable Aserve is at least being minimally
maintained, the path of least resistance seems to be to encourage that to
continue happening, and try to keep our system running on it...

And, our lead platform (and main platform for commercial deployment, what
pays for our Cheerios) continues to be Allegro CL, and of course
AllegroServe is a fine webserver for Allegro CL!

--

My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699