[Openmcl-devel] format to a hemlock view's buffer

Arthur Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Sat Feb 4 02:06:37 PST 2012

Thanks Gary, but I'm not getting the effects you describe.

Both the obscure-and-redraw, and the use of hi::handle-hemlock-key,
result in the same behaviour as I have always been observing.

For me there seems to be a disconnect between two "cursor positions".
A mouse click causes the blinking cursor to appear where I clicked.
An arrow key press moves the cursor relative to the last character written,
or last arrow key result.

I also noticed now that (using the handle-hemlock-event version anyhow)
typing text into the window after the six lines have been printed adds them
at the end, as expected. But mouseclick somewhere and type, there is an
altconsole error that "NIL is not a line!" (and indeed it isn't!)

Arthur

ps it's weekend, don't busy yourself on this now! Best wishes.