[Openmcl-devel] Downoload for older libc?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at thoughtstuff.com
Fri Jan 20 12:19:43 PST 2012

On Jan 20, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> It seems that current Closure CL kernel in svn is linked
> to glibc-2.11 (at least the 64-bit linux version).  On my
> main work machine I have glibc-2.8 and downloaded kernel
> does not work.  Trying re-build using older version fails
> too...
>
> Could you provide kernel linked to older glibc?  Or there
> is some easy way to compile starting from older Closure CL
> version?

The lisp kernel doesn't use any fancy libc features, and
doesn't depend on any particular version of glibc.  I'm
surprised that it doesn't build on your system.

What error messages do you get from the build?  Perhaps we
can see a way to successfully build it.

(Be sure that m4 is installed before trying to build
the lisp kernel, by the way.)