[Openmcl-devel] Miscompiled code?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 23 13:42:22 PST 2012

Ugh.

That (at least the case that you reported) should be fixed in the trunk
as of r15173.  The bug has indeed been there since 1.6.

It's hard to say whether or not the other similar-looking cases are in
fact the same bug.  This bug's a little hard to explain, but it has to
do with a call to VECTOR occurring just before a LET that involves a
simple memory reference (the SVREF in QREFELT); the x86 backend
sometimes didn't see that a stack location involved in both
expressions contained distinct values and wound up trying to FUNCALL
the CAR of one of VECTOR's arguments.

I don't know of other idioms that're similar enough to cause similar-
looking errors.

Thanks for reporting this; if you still have problems and can distill
them to cases that're as easy to reproduce as this one was, that'd be
very helpful.