[Openmcl-devel] IDE under Windows

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Tue Jan 24 19:43:26 PST 2012

After some time away, I now have the opportunity for further attempts to
move
an application from Allegro to CCL.

With a new cygwin plus the list of tools from the wiki/WindowsNotes,
and a new ccl, I am puzzled by my inability to build the IDE from
64-bit code:

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
CCL: downloaded via svn
         64-bit (lisp-implenetation-version) -> Version 1.7-dev-r14869;
32-bit -> r14962
         under cygwin, ran svn up -> 15177M
Under cygwin: ran make in   ...ccl/lisp-kernel/win32, and in
...ccl/lisp-kernel/win64
                       both successfully
In ...ccl:  made copies on the exe and image files for 32 and 64 bit
versions
               ran the copies and executed (rebuild-ccl :clean t)
               both successfully
The tried (require :cocoa-application) -> success in the 32-bit version
                but -> Error: Unknown foreign type :OBJC_OBJECT in the
64-bit version.

Perhaps I have missed a step, perhaps the IDE does not build in 64-bits
and I have missed a note
somewhere which would have told me that. If so, apologies.

Thanks for any and all assistance

Cheers /Greg Bennett