[Openmcl-devel] Is GUI:BACKGROUND-PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION supposed to work?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Wed Jan 25 01:32:56 PST 2012

It's not documented, but it works in the app store version, not in the trunk.  In the app store version it works like process-run-funciton except that if the thread produces output it pops up a background listener window instead of dumping it to the altconsole.  In the trunk I get this error immediately, even if the thread produces no output:

> Error: Slot GUI::WINDOW is unbound in #<BACKGROUND-COCOA-LISTENER-PROCESS foo(304) [Active] #x30200361C7BD>
> While executing: #<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD SLOT-UNBOUND (T T T)>, in process foo(304).

Is this supposed to work?  Should I file a ticket?

rg