[Openmcl-devel] *read-default-float-format* in IDE

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Fri Jan 27 07:57:28 PST 2012

No matter what I do, I can't seem to save a 64-bit Cocoa IDE application where *read-default-float-format* is anything other than single-float. Ideally, I like to set it to ns:cg-float so that both 32 and 64 bit cocoa lisps read the proper format (as you know, CGFloat is 32 bits on 32-bit systems and 64 bits on 64-bit systems)

Even something as simple as this in a 64-bit cocoa IDE fails:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-dev-r15184M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
? *read-default-float-format*
SINGLE-FLOAT
? (type-of 2.0)
SINGLE-FLOAT
? (setf *read-default-float-format* 'ns:cg-float)
NS:CG-FLOAT
? *read-default-float-format*
NS:CG-FLOAT
? (type-of 2.0)
DOUBLE-FLOAT
? ;; so far so good...
(require 'build-application)
;Compiler warnings for "/Users/raffaelc/ccl/cocoa-ide/builder-utilities.lisp" :
;   In MAKE-DOCTYPE-DICT: Unused lexical variable EXPORTABLE-AS
;Compiler warnings for "/Users/raffaelc/ccl/cocoa-ide/builder-utilities.lisp" :
;   In MAKE-DOCTYPE-DICT: Unused lexical variable BUNDLEP
;Compiler warnings for "/Users/raffaelc/ccl/cocoa-ide/builder-utilities.lisp" :
;   In MAKE-DOCTYPE-DICT: Unused lexical variable ICON-FILE
BUILD-APPLICATION
("BUILDER-UTILITIES" "BUILD-APPLICATION")
? (ccl::build-application
   :directory "/Users/raffaelc/ccl/"
   :name "Clozure CL64 test")

But launching Clozure CL64 test yields:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-dev-r15184M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
? *read-default-float-format*
SINGLE-FLOAT

Wrapping the ccl:build-application form in the appropriate let doesn't work either. Neither does setting *read-default-float-format* in my ide init file (which I can verify is otherwise being loaded).

What am I missing?

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com