[Openmcl-devel] question about manual garbage collection

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Thu Jun 7 12:57:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

SBCL lets one collect garbage manually, if I understand the documentation
correctly, with

(gc :full t)

CCL accepts (gc) but not (gc :full t), and it does collect garbage, though
the heap in CCL never seems to get very large. However, I could not find
any documentation for the 'gc' function, at least not in the manual.

So, what is the correct way to collect garbage manually for CCL? If it is
not (gc) then is the fact that (gc) works just an accident? I'd appreciate
a clarification of this point. Please CC me on any reply. Thanks.

                                                      Regards, Faheem Mitha