[Openmcl-devel] 1.8 prerelease

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Sun Mar 11 06:20:10 PDT 2012

from the release notes:

On Mac OS X 10.7, the AltConsole? application may not automatically activate when the standalone Clozure CL.app crashes. Clicking on the AltConsole? icon in the dock will activate it and it should then behave normally.

This is more than a annoyance. This means that if a user does not click the AltConsole the application the blocked (beach ball) without any clear indication that there was a problem. Is there no way to make the AltConsole, on OS X 10.7 and later, just pop up without user intervention?

Alex