[Openmcl-devel] Coroutines/lightweight threads

Alex Mizrahi alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:45:39 PST 2012

If I understand correctly the whole point of lightweight threads is that
they are more lightweight than native threads. Thus having 1 native thread
for each 1 lightweight thread kinda defeats the purpose.

I wonder isn't it possible to implement it completely on user level, via
closures, closure-passing-style transformation or something like that.
Then it can work on any implementation, you just need code walker
adaptation and bindings to implementation's native threading/IO.

If you don't implement it on user level then you'd have to vivisect the
whole implementation...