[Openmcl-devel] How to debug?

Ralph Möritz ralph.moeritz at outlook.com
Fri Nov 23 04:18:53 PST 2012

> CL:STEP is not obsolete, it's just implemented in a way that's not
> useful in the current versions of ccl. =

Ah, thanks for the correction.

> For this reason, I've developed a stepper in conforming Common Lisp,
> that you can use in ccl (or in any other CL implementation, if you
> prefer it over the native stepper).

> See:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.lisp/nj3jFxcJYM0/QbzGkAbyAtMJ

> https://gitorious.org/com-informatimago/com-informatimago/trees/master/comm=
> on-lisp/lisp

I just tried out your stepper (which I'll refer to as `cl-stepper')
and it provides exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for. More
people need to try it - IMHO cl-stepper provides a *much better*
debugging experience than what you get out-the-box, even with SLIME
goodies like stack inspection etc. Being able to step through my code
probably just saved me *hours* of pain. Thank You M. Bourguignon!