[Openmcl-devel] MOP: slot-definition-name and conditional compliation

Alexander Repenning alexander.repenning at Colorado.EDU
Tue Oct 16 11:04:59 PDT 2012

On Oct 16, 2012, at 8:35 AM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Steven Núñez <steven.nunez at illation.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting some errors related to slot-definition-name (and types) that appear to be related to conditional compilation. This page:
>>
>> http://ccl.clozure.com/manual/chapter11.2.html
>>
>> Indicates that these MOP functions are exported from the CCL package, however the system I'm loading (XMLisp) has the following conditional imports:
>>
>>  #+:mcl
>>   (import '(ccl:slot-definition-name ccl:slot-definition-type ccl:slot-definition-initform))
>>   #+(or :ccl-5.1 :openmcl)
>>   (import '(ccl:class-slots))
>>>>
>> Emacs helpfully colors the non-applicable conditionals in red (same color as comments), and the ccl:class-slots import is the one being executed.
>>
>> Does anyone have handy the proper import conditional for ccl 1.8? Where would this be documented (:openmcl, :mcl or :ccl-X.Y) ?
>
> :openmcl will continue to be in *features*, probably forever.  Ever since ccl 1.2, we've added a new symbol to *features* based on the release version, i.e., :ccl-1.2, :ccl-1.3, etc.  The presence of a symbol like :ccl-1.4 in *features*, means we're ccl 1.4 or later.

That conditional import probably should be updated but does still work for me with CCL 1.8. What kind of error do you get?

Alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department