[Openmcl-devel] bytes of memory allocated

Taoufik Dachraoui dachraoui.taoufik at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 09:54:05 PDT 2012

Hi

I need some help for the following:

;;; I am using taup function as an arbitrary example
? (time (taup '(+ 2) nil))
(TAUP '(+ 2) NIL)
took 0 milliseconds (0.000 seconds) to run.
During that period, and with 2 available CPU cores,
     0 milliseconds (0.000 seconds) were spent in user mode
     0 milliseconds (0.000 seconds) were spent in system mode
 128 bytes of memory allocated.
(+ 2)

As shown by the time function 128 bytes of memory is allocated while
evaluating (taup '(+ 1 2) nil)

I would like to pinpoint exactly which parts of the code in taup is
allocating memory and how much, is there any tool
for this kind of analysis? How can I do this?

Thanks

Taoufik