[Openmcl-devel] Linking StoreKit.framework from CCL and in-app purchases

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu Apr 18 12:11:22 PDT 2013

Just for the record, my reasons for disliking Lion (and Apple's trajectory in general) are somewhat different from Shannon's.  Here's what I find unacceptable:

1.  Version ratchets.  More and more, it is impossible to upgrade anything on a Mac without having to upgrade everything on all your macs.  Last year I ended up in a situation where I could not share iPhoto libraries between two identical machines running the same version of the OS because I had upgraded iPhoto on one but not the other.  This is a dirty trick taken straight from the Microsoft playbook.

2.  Crappy technology.  CoreData and iCloud are a bad joke.

3.  Single-vendor cloud services.  One might reasonably not wish to trust Apple Computer with one's data and engage a different vendor or run one's own server.  Apple makes this essentially impossible.

rg