[Openmcl-devel] ns-date issues

Paul Krueger plkrueger at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 10:25:49 PST 2013

OK, so here's a transcript from the IDE listener before I've loaded anything whatsoever:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.9-dev-r15559M-trunk  (DarwinX8664)!
? (#/date ns:ns-date)
#<NS-DATE [uninitialized] (#x17D7D0)>
? (#/distantFuture ns:ns-date)
#<A Foreign Pointer #x422D63C37F00000D>      <==== Not displayed as an ns-date object
? (#/distantPast ns:ns-date)
#<A Foreign Pointer #xC22D63C8C500000D>
? (#/dateWithString: ns:ns-date (ccl::%make-nsstring "2001-03-24 10:45:32 +0600"))
#<A Foreign Pointer #x415B177B0000000D>
? (#/date ns:ns-date)
#<NS-DATE [uninitialized] (#x14BD60)>
? (make-instance ns:ns-date)
#<NS-DATE [uninitialized] (#x2596E610)>
?

I've tried other ns-date initializers with similar results. Most return pointers not recognized as ns-objects by CCL. A few, like
the #/date class method return something that is recognized as an ns-date object. It is still the case that if one of the pointer objects is passed to a user interface object that expects an ns-date, it accepts it and displays it correctly. But if that field is editable, the thing passed back as the new value is one of these macptrs that ccl doesn't recognize as an ns-date object; so that's a problem.

I'm running on Mac OSX 10.8.2