[Openmcl-devel] initarg for :foreign-type slot ignored

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 28 12:49:24 PST 2013

Sorry for not responding (or looking at or thinking about this) earlier.

The SHARED-INITIALIZE method for OBJC:OBJC-OBJECT was intentionally
ignoring foreign slot definitions.  It can't meaningfully use initforms
to initialize a foreign slot (what would it mean for a foreign slot
to not be SLOT-BOUNDP ?) but can't think of a reason not to process
initargs in essentially the same was that the STANDARD-OBJECT method
does.

This should be fixed in the trunk as of r15617.