[Openmcl-devel] Can't get rid of a "crashed" process

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jul 18 04:11:18 PDT 2013

That sounds like a bug.

I'm not sure how the process entered the reset state (choosing the
"reset this thread" restart from the standard REPL's break loop would
be one way ...), but (a) PROCESS-KILL should ideally do the right
thing if the target thread is in the reset state and it doesn't seem to
(b) the right thing may involve presetting and enabling the process
so that it can run (and it needs to run in order to exit cleanly) and
PROCESS-ENABLE seems to want to wait for something that (at first glance)
seems to have already happened; I'd need to take more than a first glance
at it to have a better idea than I do of what's happening there.

If you're exiting the break loop via a restart that offers to reset the
shouldn't leave you with this zombie thread that refuses to fully die ...)
(I don't know how you're exiting the break loop or what development
environment you're using or what restarts are available ...)

If you report this via Trac, it's less likely to be forgotten about than
if you don't.