[Openmcl-devel] Error calling #/image after loading the Quartz framework

Michael Minerva minerva at agentsheets.com
Fri Jun 28 10:15:05 PDT 2013

Yesterday I noticed some strange errors after loading the Quartz framework and today I tried to isolate it a bit. I created a small test app that basically just initializes and NSImage and an NSImageView then sets the image of the image-view to be the image and then finally prints the #/image of the image-view. This silly little program works fine but after loading the Quartz framework I get this strange error:

> Error: The value NIL is not of the expected type STRUCTURE.
> While executing: CCL::CONFORMS-TO-PROTOCOL, in process Listener(4).
> Type cmd-. to abort, cmd-\ for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.

I wonder what might be going on here? Is this an issue with the framework or am I doing something very silly?

To try out the little test program:
• Compile the function
• execute (GET-IMAGE-FROM-NEW-IMAGE-VIEW)
• load the framework (and wait a few seconds for it to load)
• then execute (GET-IMAGE-FROM-NEW-IMAGE-VIEW) again

I have tested this on Mountain Lion and Lion using 1.10-dev-r15852M-trunk (currently I do not have access to any Snow Leopard machines).

If anyone could give me a clue about what's going on here I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

--Mike