[Openmcl-devel] Slow response times from SLIME

Willem Rein Oudshoorn woudshoo at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 30 07:18:10 PDT 2013

I have a bit of an annoying problem and I do not know where to start
with debugging.

1. Issue/Problem
----------------

In slime compilation of a form can sometimes take up to 30 seconds.
Or completation from slime on a symbol can take a similar amount of
time.

It is not always the case, but often enough to be really annoying.

2. Background
-------------

This happens not on a freshly started image, but an image I
have been playing with for a while.

The image uses the objc bridge and I create and delete a lot
of NSWindows containing an NSOpenGLView.
(I create and delete because I am playing with cl-opengl)

Also I redefine obj methods very regularly.

Oh, BTW, I am using:
CCL: Version 1.8 (15416M (X8664)
OSX: 10.8.3

3. Question

I do not think that the compilation or CCL is slow, but
somehow the requests are stuck until a timeout occurs???

But how and where do I start to debug this?

Kind regards,
Wim Oudshoorn.