[Openmcl-devel] Is this a known problem?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri May 17 23:17:59 PDT 2013

You might try cmd-e vs cmd-shift-e.  (I've only been using a Mac for
28 years and am not sure if those are equivalent but think that
they might be.)

In the IDE, the init file is loaded in the initial listener thread
when it starts up ... unless the shift key is down at that point in time.
(Just like MCL!  Good thing that the OS and application model haven't
changed.)

A listener is ordinarily created when the IDE starts up, unless
it's started by double-clicking on a .lisp file (rather than on
the application icon.)  If you're starting the lisp by double-clicking
on a .lisp file and the listener's created in response to cmd-shift-e,
there's a good chance that the shift key is still seen to be down
when the listener starts up.