[Openmcl-devel] add-gc-hook / drain-termination-queue

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Sep 6 10:06:17 PDT 2013

CCL::ADD-GC-HOOK isn't documented for a number of reasons; as you're
calling it, it doesn't do anything useful.

You could force the termination function for R-POINTER objects to run
on some arbirtary thread P by making that function use PROCESS-INTERRUPT
(e.g.,

(trivial-garbage:finalize r-pointer?(lambda () (process-interrupt p (lambda () (rf-unprotect-ptr ptr)))))
)

I don't know what problem you're having, but it's not clear that causing that
termination function to run on a different thread fixes anything.