[Openmcl-devel] 1.10 testing version available

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Wed Aug 27 08:09:12 PDT 2014

A pre-release version of CCL 1.10 is available for testing.

You can use Subversion to get this version by using the following command:

svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/release/1.10/linuxx86/ccl

To get a version for a platform other than linuxx86, change the linuxx86 to darwinx86, freebsdx86, solarisx86, windows, linuxppc, or linuxarm.

If you have trouble starting the lisp, you may need to rebuild the lisp kernel binary on your local system.  To do this, go into the proper build directory within the the lisp-kernel/ subdirectory of the ccl directory, and do "make clean && make".  For example, on FreeBSD, you would do

cd lisp-kernel/freebsdx8664  # or freebsdx8632 for the 32-bit version
make clean && make

I mention FreeBSD in particular because I build the binaries with FreeBSD 10, and I'm sure that not all FreeBSD users have moved to that version yet.

Note that you need to have m4 installed in order to compile the lisp kernel.  See http://ccl.clozure.com/ccl-documentation.html#Kernel-build-prerequisites for gory details about the build process.

Anyway, if you're still with me after reading all that, please consider downloading the 1.10 pre-release and testing it with your code.  If you find problems, the best way to report them is to use http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/.  After you register and sign in, click on "New Ticket" in the top navigator bar.  If you don't want to register, you can send mail to the list or to me privately.

I thank you in advance for any testing you are willing to do.