[Openmcl-devel] SVN Error E175002

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon May 18 10:27:55 PDT 2015

> On May 18, 2015, at 10:10 AM, Adam Jensen <hanzer at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?
>

> $ svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/release/1.10/linuxx86/ccl
>
> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/release/1.10/linuxx86/ccl'
> svn: E175002: OPTIONS request on '/publicsvn/openmcl/release/1.10/linuxx86/ccl' failed: 408 Request Time-out
>

> $ svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/linuxx86/ccl
>
> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/linuxx86/ccl'
> svn: E175002: OPTIONS request on '/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/linuxx86/ccl' failed: 408 Request Time-out

I seem to remember having had similar trouble some months ago with svn 1.8.x versions (after they changed to ra_serf).  I wondered whether my ISP was using a broken transparent web proxy, but I never could figure it out, and went back to 1.7.x.  (This was on an OmniOS box, but I doubt if that mattered.)  I haven't looked again since that time.

You could also try using the svn:// protocol to check out a copy of ccl.

The command

svn co svn://svn.clozure.com/openmcl/trunk/linuxx86/ccl

would get you the current trunk binaries and sources.