[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa bindings only (without IDE)?

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Sat Dec 17 15:37:10 PST 2016

On Dec 17, 2016, at 7:15 AM, Robin Allen <r at foon.uk> wrote:

> I’m using CCL’s Cocoa bindings to develop a GUI program on OSX. It’s all going well, but I wonder:
>
> When you (require ‘cocoa), this not only makes the Cocoa bindings available, but also starts up Clozure’s IDE and pulls in a lot of packages. These
> packages all stick around in the image saved by BUILD-APPLICATION, but I don’t need any of them.
>
> I’m not using the IDE and I’d rather not have to load it unnecessarily. All I need are the Cocoa bindings. Is there a way to just load the Cocoa bindings
> without also loading Hemlock, Inspector, the listener window, etc.?

At least in current svn, it’s :cocoa-application rather than just :cocoa that gets you the IDE, I thought such a change was made for exactly this reason (so :cocoa could be just Cocoa).

Personally, I’m more inclined to think the IDE package should be something like :ccl-ide to be totally explicit about what it is.

  -- Chris
  -- who wishes he was allowed to hack on this stuff