[Openmcl-devel] ccl 1.11.5 release

73budden . budden73 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 00:07:28 PST 2017

Hi! I have a library of reader extensions I wrote several years ago.
Its features are:

- symbol readmacros. Many DSLs try to emply [ ] for their purposes and
define #\[ as a macro-character. When one uses two such DSLs together,
it is an issue. I disambiguate this by binding reader function to a
symbol, not to a character, so I can use sql-dsl:[ sql query ] and
json-dsl:[ json array ] in the same expression.

- hook on interning a symbol. E.g. sometimes "trash" symbol occur when
one tries to split a big package in two. It is convenient to hook on
interning a symbol with specific name, and some CL implementations do
not allow doing this by tracing "intern".

- local package nicknames, like this:
http://www.sbcl.org/manual/#Package_002dLocal-Nicknames (actually SBCL
obtained them later than I published my lib).

I made the lib portable initially, but noone expressed an interest, so
now I only support it for SBCL. I would like to port it to be useful
on CCL also. It is hard to implement portably (actualy it contains
almost a full CL reader), but it is rather easy to patch an
implementation to support those features.

Is there a chance that such a patch for CCL would be accepted?