[Openmcl-devel] Question re GitHub timing

R. Matthew Emerson rme at acm.org
Mon Feb 13 10:16:01 PST 2017

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 8:04 AM, martin brooks <brooks.martin at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello Matthew et al.
>
> With great respect and thanks for the work you are doing, I have the following question:
> At what date with the svn build no longer work?

I don't have any plans to get rid of the existing Subversion repository and associated Trac.

> I am in the middle of development of a scalable AWS PaaS using CCL, and my load-balanced autoscaling groups create VMs using the svn incantation.
> I will be happy to change to an equivalent incantation for GitHub, but it would be useful to know at about what date this will become necessary.

You can keep using the existing Subversion repository as long as you like.

Of course, when the move to GitHub is all sorted out, you'll want to change your automation to use that at your convenience.  It will, however, probably take a few weeks at least before I'll be satisfied with our set-up on GitHub.