[Openmcl-devel] AgentCubes 2.5 and MacOS Sierra not happy with each other

Paul Onions ponions37 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:05:27 PST 2017

On 19 Jan 2017, at 04:01, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> thank you Paul, this worked!
>
> There is still one confusion: when I do subclass ns-application
> (e.g., below as my-application) where does one specify the
> application class name? Is there something similar to GUI::*DELEGATE-
> CLASS-NAME for application? At first I assumed that the application-
> class of build-application served this purpose but I think this is a
> CLOS not cocoa class.
>
> (defclass my-application (ns:ns-application)
>   ()
>   (:metaclass ns:+ns-object))

I found it was enough just to name it in the application's Info.plist
file (in its Cocoa CamelCase form).  e.g. my application class is
called HOPPI-APPLICATION and the relevant fragment of Info.plist is

   <key>NSPrincipalClass</key>
   <string>HoppiApplication</string>

Note that I use the CCL BUILD-APPLICATION form to construct the
Hoppi.app folder, as in the following fragment

   (ccl::build-application :name "Hoppi"
                           :copy-ide-resources nil
                           :info-plist (ccl::make-info-dict :principal-
class "HoppiApplication"

where the full form can be found in src/lisp/app-build.lisp in the
Hoppi repository (http://bitbucket.org/cloudycat/hoppi).

All this was found by trial and error though, so this may not
necessarily be the "correct" way of doing it.  But as they say, Works
for me!

Paul