[Openmcl-devel] swank/ccl license

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Tue Jan 30 03:43:57 PST 2018

On 20 Jan 2018, at 09:15, 73budden . <budden73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, ccl.lisp is only 32kb. I think I could remove it from my
> drive. Then take SBCL, CCL, apropos, reimplement ccl.lisp from scratch
> in several days and publish it under another license. But anyways it
> would be very similar to already existing ccl.lisp and it would look
> suspicious. So I'm not sure if this approach is legal.

I thought the whole point of (L)LGPL was that is intentionally safe for components which are combined with non-GPL components by being used as libraries.  So ccl.lisp should not infect CCL merely by being used as a library.

If that's not the case then I don't see what the purpose of the (L)LGPL is at all.

--tim