[Openmcl-devel] command-line invocation on Mac

Christopher Stacy cstacy at dtpq.com
Mon Apr 1 21:20:39 PDT 2019

On 4/1/19 8:08 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
> On Mar 31, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Christopher Stacy <cstacy at dtpq.com> wrote:
>
>> I have installed the app (from the App Store) and it works.
> I just tried this and it didn’t work for me.  I’m on MacOS 10.14.3 and the App Store CCL is 1.11.1.

I'm OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) with 1.11.1 and by "works" I mean it
brought up a Listener, and I was able to m-x Find File and it brought up
their emacsen .  (As a developer said, this particular app won't work
for a command-line / SLIME interface though.)

If anyone is taking a survey: my  favorite mode of using IDEs in general
is to live in GNU Emacs, and have integrated access to the IDE for
things like call and class graohs and their other goodies.  Not sure how
many other people work like that, rather than just giving up either the
IDE or GNU Emacs entirely.  I have done this with Lispworks...I think
ACL was all accessible from GNU to begin with...haven't tried this with
CCL that I can remember but am betting it will work, just not the app
store version.

For the Mac I'm stuck at El Capitan for the foreseeable future. I plan
to be doing most of my development on Linux (Debian at this moment).