[Openmcl-devel] Island flavoured MacOS

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Wed Jun 26 11:16:28 PDT 2019

Hi,

For those of you interested in Island flavoured MacOS there is good news, and, um, not so good news.

The good news is that if you build the most recent 5-3 version from GitHub it works fine.

The not so good news is that I end up using a slightly more complex build process that looks like:

(cd lisp-kernel/darwinx8664; make clean; make)

rm  level-0/*.dx64fsl

ccl> (ccl:xload-level-0)

ccl> (ccl:compile-ccl t)

ccl> (quit)

./dx86cl64 --image-name x86-boot64.image --no-init

ccl> (ccl:save-application "dx86cl64.image")

The reason for this is that building the lisp kernel produces complaints that the .o files from the assembler don't have the right architecture, but they do, and I think the call from within

(ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t)

to build the kernel is getting a signal 9, but, it succeeds.

Ergo the above slightly more complex build process.  BTW, did I get this right?

The other not so good news is that the App Store version does not run.  Now this might be fixed before the final release, but, who knows.

Thanks again for ccl.

cheers

bruce