[Openmcl-devel] Obfuscated Lisp contest anyone? (Seriously)

Tim McNerney mc at media.mit.edu
Sat Apr 15 11:17:31 PDT 2023

Hi Mikel,

Not so surprising really. I used to date a math professor who lamented about the lack of communication in her small department. Each professor specialized in a different branch of mathematics, and it felt like no one talked to each other. One difference between math and CS, is that software engineers recognize the need to communicate through well written code. I’m sure mathematicians do this too, just for a smaller audience: practitioners in their subfield.

--Tim