[Openmcl-devel] Garbage collector - ccl:terminate (memory stuff)

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Sat Apr 27 05:31:09 PDT 2024

> Am 27.04.2024 um 13:41 schrieb Grégory Vanuxem <g.vanuxem at gmail.com>:
>

> As a last note, there is a strange "routine" in the FRICAS-LISP
> package (BOOT, the interpreter and algebra libraries use it) that I do
> not really understand, wouldn't it be related? I can eventually "play"
> with this piece of code (some code parts are cutted below):
>
> (make-package "FRICAS-LISP"
>     :use (list (or (find-package "COMMON-LISP")
>                    "LISP")))
>
> Here is the piece of code I do not totally understand and if it has
> effect on CCL symbols that prevents me to define the ccl:terminate or
> ccl::terminate method on jlref object:
>
> ;;; We use uninterned symbols because at this point we do not
> ;;; want to add symbols to FRICAS-LISP
> (let ((#1=#:ls nil))
>    (do-symbols (#2=#:el "FRICAS-LISP") (setf #1# (cons #2# #1#)))
>    (mapcar (lambda (#3=#:x) (export (list #3#))) #1#)
> )

The form above could be replaced by:

(mapcar #'export (apropos-list "" "FRICAS-LISP"))

It simply exports all symbols in the package "FRICAS-LISP" from the current package at that point, avoiding interning new symbols by the code itself.

If one want to control from where to export, then we can use this:

(mapcar #'(lambda (#1=#:fricas-lisp-symbol) (export #1# "FRICAS-LISP"))
              (apropos-list "" "FRICAS-LISP"))