[Openmcl-devel] read-line

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 5 14:41:22 PDT 2002

Oops! I don't think anyone ever responded do this, eh?

Most likely your problem is either
1) a line-terminator issue,
If this file is a Macintosh file, try setting
ccl:*DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT* to :macos and trying again. A file filled
with carridge returns will read as one line if it's set to :unix, the
default. See http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/line-termination.html for
details.

or
2) READ-LINE is broken in some data-specific way.
If nothing related to (1) solves your problem, this is the less likely
second choice. What's the first couple of lines of your file (in
hexadecimal)?