[Openmcl-devel] GUI on MacOSX (was: Carbon should be easy)

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 30 13:59:18 PST 2002

Even nicer, why? To me Objective-C vs. C isn't really the issue so much
as feature availability since the goal is programming in lisp. I suppose
that's still a reason, since certain GUI features are pre-defined in
Cocoa but not in Carbon, but OpenMCL already has a C FFI and making a
(solid and mature) Obj-C FFI might take a while.

Not to say it isn't worthwhile, just that it might take some doing and
while we wait we can get plenty of benefit just with Carbon. It's
certainly worth having someone around that's thinking about (and
advocating) Cocoa.