[Openmcl-devel] shared libs on Darwin

Michael Klingbeil michael at klingbeil.com
Sat Jun 29 21:46:06 PDT 2002

I noticed that the current documentation claims that
OPEN-SHARED-LIBRARY and CLOSE-SHARED-LIBRARY are not yet supported on
Darwin.

If this is currently still the case, I was thinking that the dlcompat
library by Jorge Acereda available at:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/bindist/source/dlcompat-20020606.tar.gz

might provide an easy and quick way to get this working under Darwin.
It is a nice wrapper which provides dlopen, dlsym, dlerror, and
dlclose without all the Darwin cruft.

If this sounds like a reasonable course of action, I could try taking
on this project myself (although I'm not yet familiar with building
OpenMCL!). Or if there are others interested in doing this, please
let me know. Thanks.

Michael Klingbeil