[Openmcl-devel] Emacs 21.3.50 on Mac OS X 10.2.x

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Nov 10 09:17:18 PST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Rainer Joswig wrote:

> Maybe some OpenMCL/Emacs/ilisp users on MacOS X 10.2.x will find this useful:
>
> There is a useful carbonized Emacs 21.3.50 for Jaguar.
>
> http://mindlube.com/developer/

People interested in running a Carbon FSF Emacs on OSX might also find

http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/

and

http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/FAQ.txt

interesting.

Since XEmacs isn't entirely X-centric (it was ported to MSWindows some
time ago), one might think that there'd been some effort to develop
a Carbon version of XEmacs.  The "MacOSX support" in the most recent
alpha version I could find seems roughly equivalent to the Fink patches
that've been around for a couple of years (e.g., the MacOSX version
still assumes X.)