[Openmcl-devel] Named Processes

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Nov 20 08:53:53 PST 2002

> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:32:04 -0700 (MST)
> From: Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com>
> cc: <openmcl-devel at clozure.com>
>

> On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to port some code from LW to OpenMCL.  I have to deal with
> > processes.  Please bear with me, while I bug you with questions (after
> > all there isn't much dos to rely on).
> >
> > It looks like the signature of MAKE-PROCESS is
> >
> >    MAKE-PROCESS function
> >       &key
> >       simple-p flavor stack-group
> >       warm-boot-action quantum priority run-reasons arrest reasons stack
> >       size vstack size tstack size background-p
> >

> MAKE-PROCESS's first (required) argument is "name" : a string used
> to identify the process.

Yep.  I figured that out just after sending my message.

> There are basically two ways to create a process:
>
> a1) Call MAKE-PROCESS with a "name" argument (and ignore the other
> keyword arguments for a moment).
>
> a2) "Preset" the newly-created process (give it an initial function
> and arguments) via the function PROCESS-PRESET.
>
> a3) Enable the process by removing its "arrest reasons".
>
> or
>
> b) use PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION, which basically does the above 3 things
> in a single operation.

Yep.  I use that.  However, my process seem to block saying

;;
;; Process <name> needs access to terminal input.
;;

How do I suppress this behavior?  I tried

    (process-run-function <name> '(:input nil) #'procfun)

to no avail.

Would this be the correct way to produce that effect?

Cheers

--
715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"