[Openmcl-devel] Named Processes

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Nov 20 09:20:11 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Yep.  I use that.  However, my process seem to block saying
>
> ;;
> ;; Process <name> needs access to terminal input.
> ;;

The assumption is that only one thread should be trying to read from
the "terminal input stream" at any given time.  The initial process
"owns" terminal input originally; the process which owns terminal
input can yield ownership to some requesting process.

There's a (hopefully sensible) explanation of this in the documentation;
see "ccl:doc;HTML;background-terminal-input.html".