[Openmcl-devel] Need advice on porting an application from LW

Barry Perryman gekki_uk at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:43:57 PDT 2002

Marco,

You are right, the LW stuff does provide a higher level of abstraction, but
fortunately there isn't that much to do to get similar results in OpenMCL.

As a starting point you could use the Portable AServe code and rewrite the
support you have in your existing application to be portable, or
alternatively there is some example code in the distribution for the finger
protocol - both client and and a multi process server.

I haven't yet had a chance to look at the Portable AServe code, but the
finger code I'm fairly familiar with - let me know if you have any problems.

Barry