[Openmcl-devel] Re: 0.14 build error [was: Equivalent of process-initial-bindings in ACL?]

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Apr 15 10:37:30 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Ram Krishnan wrote:

> > archive in the /testing directory.
>
> Thanks for that pointer. I got past the compilation stages (with a few
> continuable exceptions), but got the following error when I tried to
> SAVE-APPLICATION:
>
> ? (ccl::save-application "dppccl.image")
>  > Error: Unknown trap: #xCA90000
>  >        xp: #<A Mac Pointer #xBFFFFB40>, fn: #<Compiled-function
> CCL::%%SAVE-APPLICATION #x5492FD6>, pc: #xC
>  > While executing: CCL::%%SAVE-APPLICATION
>  > Type :POP to abort.
> Type :? for other options.
> 1 > :b
> (BFFFFC40) : 0 "CCL::%%SAVE-APPLICATION" 12
> (BFFFFC40) : 1 "CCL::%SAVE-APPLICATION" 96
> 1 >
>
> If it's of any help, I just updated the O/S to 10.2.5 yesterday.
>
> The full transcript is attached below. There were a few undefined
> function warnings and 3 continuable exceptions about constants being
> redefined (see below).
>
> Regards,
>
> -ram

I believe that the "unknown trap" will become known if the lisp kernel's
rebuilt: there should be some fairly new code in lisp-exceptions.c called
"handle_gc_trap()".

So:

  - keep the fasl files you built
  - rebuild the kernel
  - do
%  ./dppccl ppc-boot.image
? (ccl::save-application "dppccl.image")

should produce an image in which the kernel and lisp code agree on how things
like SAVE-APPLICATION and the GC are invoked.